Approximate healing time: 2-3 weeks
1. Wash hands thoroughly with liquid antibacterial soap before touching a healing tattoo.
2. Gently wash your tattoo with antibacterial soap.
3. Rinse thoroughly and air dry or pat dry with a clean paper towel (never use a washcloth or towels).
4. Let tattoo air dry for at least 15 minutes before adding aftercare ointment.
5. Apply a small thin layer of ointment on the surface of the tattoo and rub it in until it soaks into the tattoo like lotion would. (You do not want your skin to be glossy, make sure to rub ointment in completely and pat excess ointment off with a new clean paper towel).
6. Repeat the process 2-3 times a day for the next 3-5 days.
7. After 3-5 days continue to wash the tattoo but switch to a scent free lotion.
THINGS YOU SHOULD NOT DO AFTER GETTING A TATTOO
- Do not swim (fresh or saltwater) for the first two weeks.
- Do not tan (sunlight, spray or self tanning).
- Do not let your tattoo dirty (sweating or from pets).
- Do not use bar soap on a healing tattoo.
- Do not let your tattoo dry out completely.
- Do not use neosporin.
- Do not pick/scratch/peel a new tattoo.
- Do not rebandage a tattoo.
**Remove Bandage IMMEDIATELY if there is excess redness around the edge, burning, itching, or plasma is leaking from the bandage. Follow aftercare instructions above depending on how long the bandage was on**
- PLEASE wash your hands before removing the bandage.
- Try to leave the bandage on for 2-4 days.
- TO REMOVE SANIDERM OR SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Slowly remove the bandage with warm soapy water. Sometimes it is easier to remove it in the shower. Wash the tattoo with a liquid antibacterial soap, DO NOT use bar soap! Let it air dry.
- If the bandage was on for more than 2 days just apply unscented lotion when dry or itchy.
- If the bandage was on for less than two days, wash with unscented soap for the next day or two and apply Aquaphor after air drying. Follow up with lotion after 2 days.
- Peeling is normal, apply lotion daily until peeling stops.
**Piercing will look healed WAY before they are. Fully healed piercings can still close very quickly. If you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out to us.**
- Wash your hands prior to touching your piercing.
- Use saline rinse/mild soap during healing.
- Use disposable paper products.
- Over clean a piercing.
- Use alcohol, peroxide, bactine or harsh soaps.
- Submerse piercings in lakes, pools, hot tubs, etc.
- Twist or spin jewelry.
What is normal?
- Slight discharge